Susan Bernerd: Facts About Tara Bernerd’s Mother

Susan Bernerd

Susan Bernerd is the mother of interior designer, Tara Bernerd. Susan was the partner of the British property developer and co-founder of the property company Chelsfield with Sir Stuart Lipton, Elliot Bernerd. Susan Bernard doesn’t have much about her life on the internet. She has lived a low-profile life away from the public as much as possible. Details of her childhood, age, date of birth, and other vital information is limited on the internet but we are digging to find out more about her and update her profile with more information.

Susan Bernard: Bio Summary

NameSusan Bernerd
Famous asTara Bernerd’s Mother
GenderFemale
ChildrenTara Bernerd, Hayley Sieff
SpouseElliot Bernerd

Personal Details

Susan Bernerd is also known as Susan E. Lynton. Per some online sources, she was born on January 01, 1949. She married Elliott Bernerd in 1968. Susan E. Lynton was 19 and Elliott Bernerd was 23 years old. They have been married for over 54 years. They have two kids Tara Bernerd and Hayley Sieff. Susan and Elliot separated sometime before 1992.

Susan Bernerd’s Child Tara Bernerd

Tara Bernerd is the child of Susan Bernerd. Her child Tara Bernerd is an award-winning English interior designer and proprietor of the ‘Tara Bernerd & Partners’. She is known for designing buildings and its interior and earned international acclaim for providing comfort that is both modern and personal. Her project consists of amenable luxury with an industrial touch that displays elegance and is ultimately timeless. She had over two decades of experience in her career as she is one of the sought-after and veteran designers whose career has been smiling on her, earning acclaim and millions of dollars.

Elliot Bernerd, Susan Bernerd’s Ex-Husband

Susan Bernerd was married to property titan, Elliott Bernerd. He was born in Maida Vale, London on 23 May 1945. His dad was a film producer father. He was educated at various schools, leaving Davies Tutorial College, Holland Park, at the age of 15.

Susan’s former husband worked for Dorrington Investment Trust, with his heart “set on a career in property” at the age of 15 years. He started developing Stockley Park in west London (he paid £8 million for the site; in 1988, the development sold for £365 million, of which £20 million went to Bernerd).

Elliott Bernerd became the co-founder of Chelsfield, which, in 1988, bought Wentworth Golf Club for £17.7 million (also reported as £20 million). He sold 40% of the club to Japanese investors, raising £32 million, in 1989. In 2004, Chelsfield sold the remaining 60% share, as Richard Caring bought the club for £130 million.

He bought the Merry Hill Shopping Centre project, putting up £35 million, with £120 million from a group of Saudi Arabian investors (from whom Bernerd received a £6 million finder’s fee). Chelsfield later bought out the Saudi investors. By 2004, Merry Hill’s value was close to £2 billion.

Also Read: Christian Jupp: Everything About Actress Emily Lloyd’s Husband

In 2008, the Qatar Investment Authority purchased a 20% stake in Susan’s ex-husband’s property group, Chelsfield, which owned London’s, Camden Market. According to Institutional Investor, Bernerd was a client of a Jersey-based offshore trust company La Hougue which engaged in tax minimization through legal as well as illegal loopholes and other avoidance measures.

Ruth Kai Botchway

Ruth Kai Botchway is a Senior Editor at Dicytrends.com. She is a graduate of All Stars Media College (2021) with a Diploma in Journalism and Media Studies. With more than two years experience in Journalism, she has served as an intern at Accra FM and worked with Green TV and Ashiaman TV. She worked as a Maritime Journalist/ influencer, producing Port and Maritime agenda initially aired on Ashiaman TV. You can reach her via email: Ruthbotch1912@gmail.com

Leave a Reply