Luca Dotti is the son of British actress and humanitarian Audrey Hepburn and Italian psychiatrist, Professor Andrea Dotti. Luca’s mom Audrey was recognized as both a film and fashion icon, she was ranked by the American Film Institute as the third-greatest female screen legend from the Golden Age of Hollywood, and was inducted into the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame.
|Full Name||Luca Dotti|
|Popular as||Son of Audrey Hepburn|
|Date of Birth||February 8, 1970|
|Place Of Birth||Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland|
|Parents||Father – Audrey Hepburn |
Mother – Professor Andrea Dotti
|Occupation||former graphic designer and now chairs the Audrey Hepburn’s Children’s Fund.|
|Siblings||Sean Hepburn Ferrer|
Luca Dotti was born on February 8, 1970, Which makes Luca 51 years old in 2021. Before getting married to Luca’s dad Professor Andrea Dotti, Audrey Hepburn, Luca’s mother was in a previous marriage with Mel Ferrer.
The same year Hepburn divorced her first husband, Mel, the famous actress met Andrea Dotti, the man who would go on to be her second husband.
Andrea, a charming Italian psychiatrist, was on the same Mediterranean cruise as Hepburn with friends when they met and fell for each other.
The cruise ship lovebirds decided to make their relationship official just a year after their initial meeting, and they exchanged vows in January 1969.
Audrey Hepburn received another round of congratulations in February 1970, a year after marrying Andrea. Her second child, Luca Dotti, was born.
Hepburn and Andrea’s marriage was allegedly difficult due to infidelity on both sides. The union lasted 13 years till they called it off and got it dissolved in 1982.
Now 51 years old, Luca Dotti has also chosen to chase a career in the entertainment industry just like his late mother and half-brother, Sean, did. He has since starred in movies such as “I Love Audrey” and “C à Vous.”
Luca Dotti is also a former graphic designer and now chairs the Audrey Hepburn’s Children’s Fund. Created by Audrey’s family in 1994, the Fund helps children in need around the world. Dotti lives in Rome with his wife and three children.
Luca Dotti’s has a Half Brother -Sean Hepburn Ferrer
As stated earlier Audrey Hepburn was in a previous marriage before getting married to Luca Dotti’s father, Andrea Dotti.
Mel Ferrer, Luca Dotti’s mother’s first husband, was introduced to her in 1953. They just knew one other’s names at the time and had never met until they both attended a cocktail party thrown by a mutual acquaintance, actor Gregory Peck.
Later that year, they starred in a play called “Ondine,” created by French writer Jean Giraudoux, as a result of their encounter. Mel and Hepburn fell in love and started dating while filming on “Ondine.”
Eight months later, on September 25, 1954, the lovebirds and co-stars married in a lovely, private ceremony in Switzerland.
Not only did Hepburn walk away with a flaming romance and a new husband, but also with recognition for her performance in “Ondine.” Luca Ditto’s mother, who was 24 at the time, was acclaimed for her performance and was nominated for a Tony Award for her part in the play.
Luca Dotti’s mother Hepburn was ready to star in 1955’s “War and Peace” when they married. Hepburn and Mel welcomed their son, Sean Hepburn Ferrer, about half a decade after they married. They ultimately broke up in 1968, after fourteen years together.
Now a proud 60-year-old father, Luca Ditto’s elder brother, Sean, has made a name for himself in the entertainment industry just like his mother, albeit he is a behind-the-scenes worker.
Luca Dotti’s elder brother has held several impressive positions in the industry, picking up roles in development, marketing, and productions.
“Growing Pains,” “Eye of The Widow,” and “Racehoss” are among his works. “Cloudstreet,” “Living The Blues,” “The Running Man,” and “Pretty Hattie’s Baby” are among the others.
Luca Dotti’s brother, Sean has also directed music videos for well-known musicians such as Sade for their 1988 song “Paradise” and Joan Jett for her 1986 song “Light of Day.”
Sean has married three times and is now married to Karin Ferrer, his third wife. The film producer and director has three children, including two sons, Gregorio and Santiago, who are Luca’s Nephews.
Facts about Luca Ditto’s Mother, Audrey
1. Audrey Hepburn isn’t her real name. Luca Ditto’s Mother was born Audrey Kathleen Ruston and didn’t start calling herself Audrey Hepburn until 1948.
2. Luca Dotti’s mother is a member of the EGOT club. One of 14 people in the world, she’s won an Emmy (hosting Gardens of the World with Audrey Hepburn), a Grammy (spoken word album Audrey Hepburn’s Enchanted Tales), an Oscar (best actress in Roman Holiday), and a Tony (best actress in Ondine).
3. Luca Dotti’s mother spoke five languages. She could speak English, Spanish, French, Dutch, and Italian.
4. Luca Ditto’s Mother wasn’t Truman Capote’s first choice for Holly Golightly. In fact, the author had his heart set on Marilyn Monroe for the part. “She was Truman Capote’s first choice,” Sam Wasson, author of Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M.: Audrey Hepburn and Breakfast at Tiffany’s, told ABCNews.com. What’s more is that Monroe didn’t take the part because Paula Strasberg, her advisor and acting coach, said she shouldn’t be playing a “lady of the evening.”
5. IRL, a danish was not her choice treat. Sorry Breakfast at Tiffany’s diehards, but according to a 1960 New York Times report, “Miss Hepburn, it developed, had no affection for the Danish, preferring ice cream at Schrafft’s.”
6. She’s an introvert. Luca Dotti’s mother said so herself in a 1953 interview with LIFE Magazine, explaining: “I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.”